KOHLRABI - BALLOT - organic seeds
Brassica oleracea var. gongylodesKohl Rabi Ballot F1 looks like it should come from outer space. It is a very unusual looking purple veg with long tendrils and is actually a swollen stem rather than a root. It is very popular in Germany and 'kohl' is German for 'cabbage'. It is also known as...
- Kohlrabi does best in cool weather
- with abundant moisture to prevent the edible portion from becoming tough and woody.
- Plant your seeds indoors 4 to 6 weeks before setting outside.
- Spring planting should occur as soon as soil can be worked and after last frost,
- and autumn planting done in June, July, or August. Plants grow 9 – 12″ tall.
- Thin to 10 inch between plants when large enough to handle.
- Requires fertile soil in a well-drained location in the garden.
- Apply much and grass clippings, or straw around base of plant.
- Water well during dry and hot spells.
- Harvest when bulbs are 3″ in diameter.
Packet 25 seeds