SWEDE - LOMOND - organic seeds
Out of stock One of the best varieties available for organic production due to its club root and powdery mildew resistance. Lomond is winter hardy, perfect for harvesting between Oct and Feb providing good sized roots with purple skin and fine yellow flesh of excellent texture and flavour.
- Sow Apr – Jun thinly 1cm deep with 45 cm between rows
- Best results generally from a May sowing.
Swedes do best in well dug soils which have not been recently manured
- As seedlings develop, gradually thin them until about 20cm apart. Do not transplant.
- Keep soil moist until seedlings are established.
- Very hardy and will withstand frost. Lift as required or all together for storage in dry sand until needed.
Packet 40 seeds